Rhinoplasty is considered major surgery. Quite often, the result obtained after rhinoplasty does not always turn out to be the one you want. And this already requires a second operation. Rhinoplasty will be considered a failure if it did not bring the desired effect or worsen the patient's condition. He should be treated very responsibly. With incorrect correction of the shape of the nose, loss of smell, curvature of the septum and difficulty in breathing, excessive swelling can be obtained. Therefore, before rhinoplasty, you should be aware that the result may differ from what you want.
Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to predict how the rehabilitation will unfold. Even the most experienced doctor won't be able to tell exactly what the body's reaction will be. Therefore, it is believed that plastic is jewelry work and rhinoplasty is filigree. The consequences after surgery may be irreversible and in view of such an intervention, all possible risks must be reasonably assessed.
The most likely side effects of rhinoplasty are:
- bleeding from the nose;
- hyperpigmentation at the site of exposure;
- lymph and blood flow disorders, leading to the formation of edemas and hematomas;
- hemorrhages in the operated and approximate areas;
- total or partial loss of smell;
- difficulty breathing as a result of swelling of the mucous membranes;
- curvature of the nasal septum;
- excessive scar tissue formation, which ensures the formation of a large scar;
- inflammatory process in soft tissues.
The appearance of the above signs characterizes an unsuccessful operation.
Causes of complications
Knowing the possible causes of complications after plastic surgery, preventing them is much easier and safer for the body.
Lack of experience
The most common prerequisite for rhinoplasty side effects is poor surgeon qualification. Insufficient experience leads the doctor to ignore certain mandatory points. In addition, the influence of a small development of practical skills is possible. They are particularly important in rhinoplasty. The nose has a very complex structure and the slightest mistake, any wrong movement can have irreversible consequences.
Bad choice of technique
An inexperienced doctor is not necessarily wrong. Experienced surgeons also make mistakes, and this happens a lot more often than we would like. This is due to the fact that there are several techniques of rhinoplasty. Each of them is most optimal for use in patients with certain anatomical features in accordance with desired goals. The wrong choice of technique for plastic nose surgery can also lead to serious results, which in most cases cannot be ruled out.
Postoperative care disorders
Successful plastic surgery is only half of the positive results. The second part deals with the payback period. It will be the behavior of the patient at this time that will be of great importance. Failure to comply with medical recommendations leads to the appearance of edemas, hematomas and active scarring of the tissues. A doctor who performs plastic surgery can usually get a good idea of how rehabilitation will work and tell you what means will help reduce it.
Patients often neglect the advice of a specialist before plastic surgery, based on the experience of friends or their own subjective feelings. And the result of this attitude is a deterioration of the condition, the appearance of pigmentation, swelling that does not go away and other unpleasant side effects characteristic of unsuccessful nose plastics.
How to avoid complications?
Anyone would rather prevent a problem than solve it. In the case of rhinoplasty, this is an absolutely and completely correct decision. Minimizing the risks not only allows you to obtain the highest quality result. It helps prevent the manifestation of side effects and makes recovery as easy as possible.
- Selection of a doctor and a clinic. It is preferable to choose the specialist, with the "portfolio" which it is possible to "get to know" directly. It will help to see how well he is able to embody the wishes of patients, to form an overall picture of professionalism. In addition, you can read the reviews of those who performed rhinoplasty in the chosen clinic and of a specific doctor. To do this, you need to spend time and try to find information about the surgeon, the anesthesiologist on reviews. When choosing, you shouldn't be guided only by the reviews of the "native" site - they are usually moderate and not all can be published. An excellent result will be shown by visual photos before and after the rhinoplasty.
- Develop the most precise project. In order for the surgeon to better understand what the patient wants, modern medicine uses computer-aided design. Having set the basic parameters of the face, the program allows you to perform the correction as close as possible to nature. Thus, a person will be able to see how satisfied they will be with the expected result of the nasal plastic surgery. The doctor, for his part, will be able to assess the possibility of proceeding and, if necessary, suggest alternative options. But it should be borne in mind that such a design is not always able to take into account all the anatomical features and therefore cannot guarantee full compliance with the desired result.
- Strict adherence to recommendations before and after plastic surgery. Contrary to popular belief, preparation for the procedure is very important. It helps to determine the degree of scarring during remission, to predict the development of hematomas and edema. Therefore, before undergoing rhinoplasty, you should consult your doctor and follow all his advice exactly. Postoperative care minimizes side effects by reducing pain, swelling and scarring after rhinoplasty.
The result becomes completely visible after 6-8 months. Until this time, a small swelling and edema may periodically appear and disappear. Before the term, you should not panic - lymphatic flow and blood flow are not restored immediately, so side effects may appear after rhinoplasty for a while.
After plastic surgery, patients sometimes want to correct the shape of the nose. This allows, if possible, to restore the violations that were identified during the performance of an unsuccessful plastic surgery.
This intervention presents a number of complexities. Re-procedure after unsuccessful rhinoplasty in most cases is much more serious than the first. At this point, the shape of the nose is already corrected from the amount of tissue available. And this can considerably complicate the surgeon's task. Such rhinoplasty does not at all guarantee the full achievement of the desired result. Therefore, you should first consult several doctors.
Corrective rhinoplasty is performed if the patient has minor defects. It is performed under local anesthesia and can only be an adjustment to a fully finished version. Typically, these include rhinoplasty of the tip of the nose and removal of scar tissue.
Nonsurgical correction is also carried out in the absence of major violations after an unsuccessful operation. It is performed under local anesthesia and may include fillers. They make it possible to "fill", if necessary, the notches and irregularities formed, to highlight the cartilage and to correct the angles.
Contouring also aims to filigree the details of the nose. It involves the use of hyaluronic acid, which forms a special "framework" for the skin and tissues. With its help, it is possible to correct the details, angles and asymmetry of the nose.
- Rhinoplasty is a very serious and responsible step. When accepting an operation, you must be aware that it is impossible to restore everything to its previous state. Therefore, it is very important to be psychologically ready to perform the procedure and to wait six months for the final result until the edema disappears completely.
- Choosing a clinic and surgeon plays a very important role in achieving high quality nose surgery. Before going on a date, you should read the reviews on the network. The more information there is before rhinoplasty, the easier it is to decide. You should not focus on loud advertising - it often hides low professionalism, a large number of additional mandatory paid services, and not the best attitude to customers.
- During the initial consultation, you should try to describe the desired result of plastic surgery as precisely as possible to the doctor. This will help him find his way around and build a "working front". The surgeon's understanding of the desired result contributes to obtaining it as accurately as possible. It is likely that a classic rhinoplasty of the nose will suffice, rather than a full-fledged procedure.
- An experienced surgeon will certainly clarify the presence of respiratory problems, allergic reactions, past illnesses and drugs taken. This helps to compile the most complete clinical picture, on the basis of which it is possible to choose drugs and methods of influence during rhinoplasty. It should be noted that if a doctor does not specify such information, then this is a very alarming sign characteristic of low-skilled specialists.