A person does not always like the shape of his nose, he tries to find a solution to this problem. He is faced with a choice: to have an operation or to resort to a gentler rhinoplasty method. Let us consider in more detail the features of a non-surgical method of correcting the nose, the indications and contraindications for this procedure, as well as possible complications.<1_img_centerxx>
Non-surgical plastic is easy and safe. It does not require significant costs, both in time and money, the patient does not need anesthesia. Recently, it is gaining more and more popularity due to its availability and effectiveness. A special substance is injected into the correction area, called a filler. It acts like a kind of implant. With the help of such a rhinoplasty, you can remove the lump or fossa on the nose, make it even. But you won't be able to shrink your nose.
Before the procedure, you need to consult a dermatologist, who will help you determine whether there is an allergy to the drug used. Consultation with a therapist is also necessary. He must confirm that there are no contraindications. The surgeon who will perform the plastic nose surgery should first examine the patient and suggest options for corrective materials. The doctor is obliged to familiarize himself with the consequences and possible complications.
The procedure looks like this:
- the doctor determines the target areas;
- the patient lies down on the couch;
- a special anesthetic solution or cream is applied to his nose and cheeks (before making the correction, you need to wait 10 minutes for the drug to take effect);
- the doctor injects filler or inserts special threads.
The procedure does not take more than half an hour. After that, the patient can go home safely.
Indications for changing the shape of the nose
Correction of the shape of the nose with fillers without surgery is carried out in the following cases:
- the presence of irregularities, depressions;
- tip defect;
- flat back;
- the corners of the bridge of the nose are too sharp;
- restoration of the form after an injury or unsuccessful surgical rhinoplasty;
- sagging skin;
- an Asian or African nose that the patient does not like;
- contraindications to conventional rhinoplasty.
Drastic changes can only be achieved with the help of conventional surgery. Sometimes a non-surgical rhinoplasty is performed in order to see the possible result after the conventional surgery. The patient will be able to understand whether he likes the nose like this or not. But often this procedure is performed after surgical rhinoplasty, when small irregularities remain. The correction is recommended for those who are afraid of undergoing conventional rhinoplasty.
Although non-surgical nose surgery is a straightforward procedure, it has a number of limitations. We are talking about such pathologies:
- problems in the endocrine system;
- allergy to the components of the drug used for correction;
- immune problems;
In addition to the above factors in medicine, there are a number of contraindications, eliminating which, it is possible to change the tip of the nose without surgery. These include:
- Pregnancy and breast feeding;
- cosmetic procedures (peeling and resurfacing), which were done the day before;
- period of exacerbation of any chronic disease;
- menstruation days;
- inflammation of the skin of the nose.
Nonsurgical nose surgery is performed using:
- filling gels;
- hormonal drugs;
1. Gel filler
A special gel preparation is injected under the skin of the part of the nose that needs correction. Use the means available. The procedure is inexpensive and there are no complications after this. But its significant drawback is a short-term effect (maximum 6 months). A second can be done in six months.
Sometimes it happens that instead of the load, which has already resolved, fibrous tissue is formed. Then the nose takes on an unchanged shape. In some cases, the injected drug begins to overflow, resulting in deformity. If this happens, then the patient is shown a second procedure.
2. Use of hormonal agents
They help remove "extra" areas that spoil the appearance. If the doctor injects more medicine, it can cause the tissue to dissolve excessively. Therefore, the doctor requires increased care and precision. Changing the shape of the nose with the power of hormonal agents is carried out in several stages. Although the method gives good results, in some cases it leads to the development of atrophic processes.
3. Use of mesothreads
With the help of special threads it is possible to correct the tip of the nose and its wings. The doctor makes small punctures through which he inserts the thread and tightens the nose, giving it the necessary shape. After a few days, the ends of the threads remaining on the outside are cut off. The main disadvantage is that scars can remain at the injection sites, which affects the appearance. Sometimes it happens that the thread inside breaks. But it all depends on the quality of the material and the professionalism of the doctor.
Advantages and disadvantages
Nonsurgical rhinoplasty has its advantages and disadvantages. The benefits include the following factors:
- lack of general anesthesia, which can negatively affect the well-being of the patient;
- no surgery required;
- the ability to observe the procedure using a mirror;
- the doctor may ask the patient whether this shape of the nose is suitable for him, or whether one or the other area needs to be slightly corrected;
- absence of rehabilitation period;
- the ability to go home immediately after the procedure;
- lack of painful sensations;
- plastic this way is cheaper.
The disadvantages include the following factors:
- fragility of the result obtained (to maintain the effect, you will have to repeat the procedure);
- after the gel is completely resolved, the shape of the nose becomes the same;
- if the plastic is made by an inexperienced specialist who inserts the filling incorrectly, it can lead to the displacement of the gel (the nose will take an ugly shape).
After nose surgery, doctors recommend minimizing contact with the corrected area. This threatens to shift loads, which can change shape.
After the procedure, it is recommended to give up for a while:
- alcoholic beverages;
- prolonged exposure to the sun;
- saunas, swimming pools.
The final result will be noticeable 5-7 days after the procedure.
Rhinoplasty without surgery does not cause serious complications. The patient may experience slight swelling, bruising, pain in the nose, which passes very quickly without assistance.
In rare cases, there are such side effects (they can be observed both during and after the procedure):
- filling displacement;
- breakage of threads;
- problems with the respiratory tract (this happens mainly to those who very often do rhinoplasty for themselves);
- an allergic reaction to the injected drug;
If the patient has been diagnosed with any of the side effects (except for an allergic reaction and herpes), then he is shown a second operation.
Reviews and opinions
People try to find out as much as possible about the chosen procedure, look at the photos before and after correction, read the reviews. Here is an example of several reviews:
- The first opinion: "Non-surgical cosmetic surgery has become a salvation for my nose, which before that did not look" very beautiful ". I never thought that in 15 minutes you could change your appearance like that. Hope the result will last longer. When the injected medicine dissolves, I am ready to start the procedure again. "
- Second opinion: "I am 20 years old. I was persuaded to perform rhinoplasty by a non-surgical method by my mother, who had learned about her for a long time. Back in school, I seriously injured my nose, which affected her appearance. After the rhinoplasty he looked much better. If finances permit, I am prepared to repeat it when the effect wears off. "
- Third opinion: "I found opinions on the Internet concerning a clinic that deals with plastic surgery. I was attracted by the availability of the services offered. But it was a mistake! The result of the procedure disappointed me. Don't be fooled by the prices! In my case, the saying worked: cheap cheese only in mousetraps. "
- The fourth tip: "After the nose correction, I started to feel a new way. I couldn't help but look at my reflection in the mirror. Even my self-esteem has risen, which has been "limping" since I was 14, when everyone was making fun of me. My opinion - I advise you to try and not to be afraid. "
- Fifth opinion: "I have studied the opinions of those who have long had recourse to non-surgical rhinoplasty. In most cases, they were positive. Gaining courage, I went to the clinic. My beloved nose has become not a flaw, but a dignity. My husband really likes the result. "
Non-surgical plastic is a subject of controversy among specialists. Some of them argue that this method of correcting the nose is ineffective and not worth wasting time. In their opinion, the nose can be changed with the help of surgical rhinoplasty and nothing else. Others insist that the scalpel is "the last century". But it all depends on the wishes of the patient, who must first study the features of each procedure, the results and possible complications.
By comparing nonsurgical and conventional surgical rhinoplasty, we can only say that each of them has both advantages and disadvantages. With the help of the operation, the shape of the nose is changed forever and a considerable amount of money is spent. It should be remembered that the rehabilitation period takes a long time. Nonsurgical nose correction is a simple and inexpensive procedure. But its main drawback is the fragility of the result obtained.
If the question is how to change the shape of the nose, then it is important to take into account the following factors:
- financial opportunity;
- the presence of contraindications;
- preparation for long-term rehabilitation (if it is a classic operation).
The cost depends on the following factors:
- professionalism of the doctor;
- the credibility of the clinic;
- the need to consult limited specialists;
- the price of materials;
- the complexity of a particular case.