Many people believe that rhinoplasty surgery is uncomplicated and does not require great skill from the surgeon. But this is not the case, such operations are technically complex, with unpredictable results. They are performed only by experienced and highly qualified doctors.
How to Choose the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon
The nose is an important organ responsible for thermoregulation of incoming air, "clean" breathing, and also performs an olfactory function. If difficulties arise during the procedure, the consequences will appear not immediately, but after some time. Therefore, it is important to choose not only a clinic, but also a highly professional doctor.
About Clinical Opinions
Reviews left on clinic websites are not always true, there are positive custom reviews to increase the rating. Therefore, it is better to focus on reliable sources or select doctors on the recommendations of friends and acquaintances. There are several ground rules for how you can tell a review is purchased. Ways to recognize personalized reviews:
- missing photographs;
- the review is small, only general phrases;
- typical reviews are on other sites.
If there are no patients of aesthetic medicine among your acquaintances, independently find out as much information as possible about the operation, where it is better to do rhinoplasty and which doctor is suitable for it. Search for information:
- Make a list of plastic surgeons in your city who perform this type of procedure (if you live in a large city, the list will be long). Of course, you can expand the list to include doctors from other cities and countries, but it's a good idea to start with the city where you live.
- Collection of additional information. Detailed information about each specialist is published on the center's website, so look at the length of service, skill level, types of operations performed, availability of certificates and documents confirming advanced training, as well asother interesting facts. Most candidates should be removed from the list received.
- Personal communication. Having chosen several doctors for yourself, be sure to sign up for a personal consultation with them. When communicating personally, clarify issues of interest, see how the doctor behaves, whether you like to communicate with him. It's up to you, so you have to listen to yourself, listen to your feelings.
If the doctor has a video portfolio, be sure to watch the appropriate videos, it will show how professionally the doctor performs the procedures, how he approaches clients' situations and what the outcome is.
Cost of services
The services of a highly qualified rhinoplasty can not be cheap, take this into account when choosing. Free, these operations are performed only in acute facial injury (fracture of the nose) or persistent nasal obstruction due to deformation of the nasal septum. In other cases, the rhinoplasty surgery will be paid for.
Large plastic surgery centers often hold possible promotions, contests, where it is possible to get a free operation or get a discount on the service. It is also worth taking advantage of. However, even in this case, before the procedure, consult with your doctor about possible contraindications and consequences.
Periodically, doctors perform free operations when improving their skills or switching to new ways of working (there is no experience of such operations yet), or the patient has an interesting case that will help rhinoplasty toclimb the career ladder and hone their skills.
The best rhinoplasty surgeons
Consider the most sought after rhinoplasty doctors in the world.
World Rhinoplasty (Top Surgeons)
Oscar Ramirez (USA)
Leading surgeon in plastic surgery worldwide. More than 30 years of experience, performs operations of varying complexity. Also published in popular publications, is active in medical activities.
Enrico Robotti (Italy)
The qualifications of a maxillofacial surgeon and other achievements make Enrico the most popular doctor in Italy. Over 30 years of experience. Rhinoplasty is most often done in the open. Vice-president of the Rhinoplasty Society of Europe.
Wolfgang Gubish (Germany)
Ear, nose and throat doctor of the highest category, holds the title of Doctor of Philosophy at the University of Würzburg. Only performs open rhinoplasty.
Yves Saban (France)
Oral and maxillofacial surgeon, MD, guest speaker at many world conferences in Algeria, Asia, etc. Performs operations only in a closed manner. The cost of the procedures varies according to the complexity.
Yeghiazaryan Gevorg Yurievich (Armenia)
Every year he improves his qualifications, has the latest achievements in medicine in the field of open and closed rhinoplasty. Works on primary and secondary rhinoplasty.
Yatskevich Oleg Stepanovich (Belarus)
Associate Professor of the highest category, Candidate of Medical Sciences. He did an internship in Italy, knows innovative working methods in plastic surgery, performs operations of varying complexity.
How to choose the right plastic surgery center
An operation such as rhinoplasty is a complicated procedure, where it is better to do it, choose carefully. A prerequisite for visiting the center is that the institution has a license to carry out this type of activity. It is also worth paying attention to the interior of the clinic, how pleasant it is to be inside the room.
Criteria for choosing a plastic surgery center
To select an establishment, you can use different criteria, consider the most basic of them:
- availability of officially confirmed licenses and other documents necessary for the implementation of activities;
- after computer modeling of the future shape of the nose, a professional will not guarantee 100% similarity. There is always the possibility of changing the shape of the nose by a few millimeters;
- before the procedure, it is mandatory to conduct a medical examination of the upper and lower respiratory tract and other tests prescribed by the doctor;
- the service catalog must contain real images of patients; if a new technology is introduced and there are no visible results yet, it is worth looking for another cosmetology center;
- it is mandatory to conclude an agreement with the center, otherwise, if complaints arise, you will not be able to present them.
Plastic clinics and rhinoplasts of the world discussed in the article will help you decide on the choice of a doctor. Personally sign up for a consultation with a doctor before entering into an agreement with a specific plastic surgery center.